According to our state’s official health services website, Cozumel and the rest of the Riviera Maya are now designated as a “green zone” (with low risk for epidemiological spread based on low rates of infection and hospital occupancy nearing 0%).Here’s some more good news in Cozumel:
- As of May 10, our state’s Department of Health Services announced that using a face mask is now voluntary! While it’s still recommended that we use them in common sense situations (crowded indoor areas, public transport, hotels, hospitals, etc.), the announcement feels like an official affirmation of what we’re already feeling on the ground — our daily lives are slowly but surely returning to normal.
- The first round of covid-19 boosters became available to adults this spring and we were thrilled to be able to get our whole PSD team fully boosted.
- 12 to 14-year-olds are now eligible for their first dose of the vaccine.
- There are no longer limitations on operating capacity for outdoor activities.
- Labs specializing in covid tests have popped up all over town — it’s now quick and convenient to get the covid test that’s required within one day of your return flight if you’re heading back to the U.S.